Alternative Fuel

There are many places where getting to the surf can be a challenge. Parking lots (if there are any) are often restricted to residents, full, and/or costly. Some places even require you to take a tram from the parking lot to the beach. Simply put, it's not the way I like to roll. So, for a few years now, I have dreamed of combining my love of surfing with my love of cycling and the accessibility that traveling on two wheels provides. I bought a Carver surfrack over a year ago and finally installed it this month. This week marked our maiden voyage. The freedom was ridiculously satisfying. I look forward to exploring other surf spots via two wheels!

lovahs on the road glassoline Refueling with a little thigh-to-waist-high glassoline.

2 comments:

Rowan said...

Yay! That is so great! I've always wondered how people go with a longboard on a bike. It's usually windy here. Lots of people in Bali drive around with a board attached to their scooter, but the board doesn't always come out of the traffic too well.

Johna said...

Yeah Hannah! So stoked on this. High traffic areas could certainly be a problem with the longboard; narrow places too (I tried riding it on the sidewalk at one point and it was sketchy). But for the most part, as long as there is a little shoulder on the road, it handled surprisingly well! That said, there was some wind but nothing too gusty.

Post a Comment